Tuesday, 4 December 2007
Made more soap tonight. On the menu were: lavender & patchouli, and tea-tree & blue cypress.
The last lot turned out a mess, albeit a lovely smelling one. One batch broke through the divider and ran into the other batch, then the cranberry fig batch developed a fatty layer on top, and both took daaaaaayyyyyys to firm up, blah blah blah... By some miracle they both turned out okay in the end. I didn't learn from my previous mistake and soaped them too cold again.
Tonight I turned up the heat, and they look much healthier (at this stage) compared to the last lot. Thank goodness. I even got excited and ran a purple swirl into the lavender batch.
Hopefully by tomorrow they will be firm enough to cut, then I will take snaps of the lot.
They are for a special Christmas order for a buddy who is sending them as gifts for relatives overseas.